Monday, August 23, 2010

Praline Cupcakes




I recently traveled to New Orleans with some girlfriends, and when I needed a sweet break from the spicy, delicious cuisine, I found an adorable cupcake shop! Of course I can't remember what it was called, but it was very much like Georgetown cupcakes.

So today I saw some pecan pralines in Trader Joe's, and had to bake me some praline cupcakes! Here's the recipe I found: http://thefrostedcakencookie.blogspot.com/2009/03/gimme-some-brown-sugar-and-praline.html. I used the cupcake recipe, but made my own cream cheese frosting. I put a pecan praline on top.



Cupcakes turned out a little drier than my amazing one in New Orleans, but the cream cheese frosting made it ok! I'll have to try a different recipe next time, but all in all, they were pretty darn good!

3 comments:

{em} said...

these look beyond scrumpy! i've been on a major "baking" kick. after gavin's 100 cupcakes i made a HUGE graduation cake & tonight i just baked a bazillin more cupcakes =) you've inspired me.

Lucy Miner said...

Maybe there's something in the Linthicum water, because I can't stop baking!! Lol. I've been on a kick too. We should join forces, quit our job and open a Linthicum bakery together!

{em} said...

oh yeah! i'm likin' the way you think!! making desserts all day is way better then being in front of a computer =/