Monday, March 3, 2008

Martha Stewart Cake




I made this Martha Stewart "Daisy Cake" for Spaghetti Night '08 at my cousin Emily's. The cake itself turned out tasting and looking good, but it was a PAIN to make. It was my first homemade cake, and the first time I made an icing other than butter cream. I thought Martha would make it easy, but of course she didn't. I got the recipe from a little magazine/booklet that I picked up at Michael's. This cake was on the cover and looked so gorgeous! Unfortunately, I didn't have the right icing dye OR icing tips in my Martha Stewart cake decorating kit...go figure. The cake was a Yellow Butter Cake and the icing was a delicious, heart attack inducing (hello, 8 sticks of butter!) Swiss Meringue Butter cream. I ended up baking the cake twice because the first cake was raw in the middle. The icing was amazing to work with. It went on so smooth and was easy to make it look flawless. The end result might have been more of a Chrysanthemum cake rather than Daisy, but it was yummy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bill said...

Let it be known that I have personally tasted most of these cakes and they we delicious. If I were forced to pick, I would have to go with the Monster Cupcakes. Regretfully, I only had one -- my 13 year old daughter stole the rest... Flybill7